Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wiki Vs. Weebly

I was never fond of wiki’s because when I was first introduced to them there was too much content and I felt very overwhelmed. I think I was first introduced to a wiki (besides wikipedia) last year when I took another online class. It was a lot more difficult for me to find what I was looking for because I felt like I had to click through a lot of other stuff to get to where I wanted to be. Now, after using wiki for this class I feel a lot more confident and I enjoy it more than I used to. The material for CEP is more organized and straightforward than what I was used to.

Recently, another class had us use wiki for a project, and again, I was overwhelmed with content. There was too much stuff for us to click on and I could never find the instructions or the information I wanted. Good thing we only had to use the wiki for a week because it was too much for me to handle.

After making my own wiki and comparing it to Weebly I think I still enjoy Weebly more. Because of CEP I have had a lot of experience with Weebly and I still have fun creating and editing websites. I also introduced Weebly for the class project I mentioned above. Weebly is very self-explanatory and it’s not hard to add content to the page. I also like how you can choose your own colors and template which makes every website look completely different. When I tried adding a template to wiki there were only a few choices, and the one I chose was still plain and boring. Although I thought it was quite easy to make a wiki I would still choose to use Weebly in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment