Thursday, April 28, 2011

Jenica's Showcase!

Great job! I thought your showcase highlighted some great things you learned throughout the semester and I especially liked how you talked about making a Wiki (this was one of my low areas). I have been frustrated with Wikis ever since I first learned about them a couple years ago and I just havent had a good experience with them since :( It's good to know that you really enjoy this style of technology because maybe I just need to spend more time using it. I thought it was an AWESOME idea for you to put your 301 project into a Wiki.. that's something I would have never thought to do. That project of mine is huuuge and I definitely wouldn't want to carry that around either. I will have to keep in mind next semester while student teaching that your "Ten Components of Literacy" Wiki is available to the public!

One of my favorites technologies from this semester was also Google Docs. I think you did a great job informing your audience about all the wonderful (and not so wonderful) aspects of Google Docs and how it's great for accessing and editing one document from any computer. Like you said, especially for college students this is such a great technology that allows us to work from our own homes and our own computers while still doing something TOGETHER (which is what group projects are about). I definitely agree with you that group members should schedule a time and also use Facebook or Skype while working on their projects from their own home. The purpose for a group project is to work together, which doesn't work out well if people just add their own thoughts and ideas at random times.

Overall, great job and I hope you stick with your Wiki! Like I said, I will keep in mind your available resource that I might resort to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment